Beauty in its purest form

Beauty in its purest form
If I only I could just stay there forever

Friday, February 26, 2010

Inspiration evades me yet again

I could really use some inspiration for my writing. March is my dead line to have a rough draft novel done. I made that goal last March and gave myself one year. I am about 20,000 words short. I'm sure I could write 20,000 in the month of March if I put my mind to it, but I'm just having trouble being inspired. What will I write? And if I figure that out, who gives a crap that it has been written? I know that's pretty negative, but it is what it is.

3 comments:

  1. You could use our Friday meetings! We are a writing group after all. It could be like the old days and write a chapter a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you working on the last 20,000 words of that same novel? Have you read what you have already got out loud? Or skimmed through it?

    Sometimes reading aloud what I have helps me to just feel the flow of what comes next pouring out onto the keyboard--just a suggestion.

    glad to see you here posting about your writing *:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sal! Maybe I'll make a goal to get another chapter done to bring Friday. Even if you haven't read the 10 before it (and they are so rough, I wouldn't want anyone to!), at least it holds me accountable to do get something done.

    And thanks JBug! I think when the kids are off to school Monday morning I will read aloud what I have, even if it takes me hours, and then I'm sure you'll be proven right. Oh, and yes, I contemplated whether or not to start something new when I got stuck on this one, but ultimately decided it was going to be finish or bust. I do owe my characters a happy ending, don't I? Can't leave them hanging out there in oblivion! The problem was that I would take too long of breaks for what ever reason and it caused my work to become inconsistent. There are an obscene amount of inconsistencies that I just figured I would edit out later, but now am kind of intimidated by. Thanks for the advice. We are all extremely excited to spend a night out together going to see JBug in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete